How do I know God is real?
If you are expecting me to prove without a shadow of a doubt that God is real, I will admit that I cannot do this. But please consider a few thoughts- you have nothing to lose, and if God is real- everything to gain. The reason I cannot prove God’s existence completely is because He Himself has not revealed Himself in that way. If God had wanted to, He could sign every sunset: “This day brought to you by God.” We would then live in a world where everyone believed in God and would serve Him out of duty or fear, but not love. Instead, God wanted to make a world where we have a choice whether to believe in and love and serve Him or not. God gave us the freedom to come to Him or not through faith. So instead of signing each sunset, He has left clues for us to consider. Will you be willing to examine His clues?
First, He has left us a clue in creation. Some might say, evolution disproves creation. But not so fast! If evolution really did occur, we should find transitional fossils- such as “the missing link”, a creature half evolved from ape to man. No such proof has been found, though many frauds have appeared. Examine the complexity, beauty, and amazing design and balance of nature. Contrast that with what usually occurs by chance- mistakes, and I believe if you look closely enough you will see the evidence of a creator.
Secondly, God has revealed Himself to us in the Bible. Just because the Bible is the number one best selling book of all time makes it worth your examination. The Bible has been proven true through archeology and history, which other “holy books” have not been able to stand the test of. As you read the Bible with an open mind, I believe you will see that is is a special book, different from other writings by mere men. This book truly does bear the signature of God. You can even test the truths of the Bible for yourself and see that it truly does have a grasp on what life is all about. For example, just seeking to live your life by the ten commandments will save you a great deal of heartache and give you a great deal of satisfaction in life.
Fourthly, examine the life of Jesus Christ. Here is a figure that has impacted millions and is worth looking into. Read His accounts in the New Testament Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Jesus shows us what God is like because He is God’s Son. Consider God’s wonderful love for us in that Jesus came to this earth to rescue us from our sins against our Creator. He paid for our sins by dying on the cross for us. He then rose again from the dead, proving He is God’s one and only Son. Now all who believe in Him have the wonderful gift of eternal life. Jesus shows us a clear picture of what God is like. Examine His life, and consider who He is.
Fifth, I believe in God because His Spirit has come into my heart and given me faith. This is a proof you will not sense until you give God a try. God gives me a peace that cannot be described to someone on the other side of faith. It is not just me who has experienced the transformation God makes in a person’s life, Christians throughout the ages testify to the same thing. Give God a try, and you will be able to experience for yourself that He really is there. Many have prayed the prayer, “Show me God if you are real or not.” God answered their prayer. “Oh taste and see that the Lord is good.” (Psalm 34:8) “You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13)
Does God care about me?
How do I find eternal life?
Great Promises of the Bible
- Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
- Isaiah 54:10 “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
- says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
- Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
- Matthew 28:20b And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
- Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
- Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God–  not by works, so that no one can boast.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
- Revelations 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
How do I grow in my faith?
James 4:8 “Come near to God and he will come near to you.”
1. Believe in Jesus and receive the gift of heaven.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
2. Confess your faith in Jesus to others.
Romans 10:9 “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”
3. Attend church with other Bible-believing Christians to become baptized, grow in the faith, receive holy communion, and serve.
Hebrews 10:25 “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
4. Read God’s Word daily.
Matthew 4:4 “Jesus answered, ‘It is written: `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”
5. Pray to God daily.
Matthew 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
If you would rather mail in a donation, please make out a check.
Thank you and God Bless.